|TRAINING AND PLACEMENT CELL
|Profile of TPO :
Mr.Sanjit Mahapatra is working as Training and Placement Officer(TPO) at BIT. He has experience into Talent acquisition and Technology sales in both IT and Non-IT domain. Relevant years experience in End to end recruitment, staff augmentation and Training in Strategic Human Resources and Business Operations.
Recruitment experience in India and USA for End Client Project MSP.
• Traveled and lived in over major metros in India for HR related activities for resource management.
• Experience of working with start-ups as well as CMMI3, CMMI5 and fortune 500 organizations.
Specialties: Strategy Design, Change Management, Work force planning, Talent Acquisition, Talent Implementation, Employee Engagement, Training, Mentoring.
|| Email ID of TPO : firstname.lastname@example.org
|Message from TPO's Desk
|The Training and placement Cell is for interface between institute and companies and maintains symbiotic, vibrant and purposeful relationship with industries across the country. As a result, it has built up an impressive placement record both in terms of percentage of students placed as well as number of companies visiting the campus. The department hosts companies on campus and ensures that every aspirant is assured of a bright career of his/her choice.
A spacious auditorium equipped with the state-of-facilities, seminar hall and multipurpose facility halls have been made available by the institute to the cell for conducting the training and recruitment programmes.
Training and Placement Cell organizes sustained training programmes for the pre-final year students towards preparing them for campus recruitment programmes. The cell has been fostering a very productive and mutually beneficial relationship with the industries towards generating the placement opportunities for our students.
Our students have the capacity to think beyond the boundaries of contemporary text books as they are nurtured in a quality research environment. For these reasons several corporate have placed us among the top echelon of institutes for the purpose of campus recruitment programmes.
The cell provides the best of the facilities for conducting the recruitment programmes. A systematized coordination is extended by the cell to enable the recruited students to play their rolls of their respective organizations.
PLACEMENT STATUS FOR FINAL YEAR B.Tech STUDENTS(2009-13)BATCH
||No of Students appeared
||No of students got placed
||% of Success
||Omega Sea Services (P)Ltd. Ahemadabad
||Sairs Info Solutions, Hyderabad
||Showcase Idea Sharing Pvt.Ltd, Hyderabad
|T&P Advisory Board
Members of this board have significant industry experiences to advice the T&P cell for student recruitments and internship. The members of T&P advising are
- Mr. Rajesh Ram Misra, Wipro India
- Mr. Suvendu Dash, Expedia USA
- Mr. M.Kar, Quntiles India
- Mr. Pranabesh Dash, Intel USA
- Mr. D. Kar, BI Professionals India
- Mr. Neel Mahapatro, Microsoft USA
- Mr. Devesh Sinha, ESS Bhubaneswar India
- Mr. Binoy Dash, CISCO USA
- Mr. A. Murphy, Target Corp. USA
- Mr. A. Sundaram, Western Union USA
- Mr. Shatya Shayee Mishra, Bay Area Enterprenuer USA
- Mrs. Sunita Mishra, Citi Corp USA
- Mr. RK Mishra, Barclays USA
- Organizations are invited to the institute for campus recruitment programmes
- The infrastructure required by the organization for the recruitment process would be arranged on prior notification.
- Organizations are requested to forward the information regarding the selection process to facilitate students’ preparation.
|Hosting Companies on Campus
The Training & Placement Cell provides facilities for the visiting companies to conduct pre-placement talks, written tests, group discussions and interviews.
Audio visual aids like laptops, LCD projectors for pre-placement talks and internet facilities for online tests will be arranged upon prior intimation. Accommodation and food is provided at the institute for the company on prior intimation and the cost of these is borne by the institute.
|Functions and Responsibilities
- Nurtures industry institute interaction, by organizing and coordinating frequent industrial visits, in plant training and projects of industrial relevance for the students, with the sole aim of zeroing down the hiatus between the industry and the academia.
- Organizes & coordinates campus placement programme, to fulfill its commitment of a career to every aspirant.
- Helps every student define his/her career interest through individual expert counseling.
- Preparing the students to face competitive examinations and interviews through intensive training programs including group discussions, mock interviews, and the basics of behavior and body language. Experienced Professionals from the industry are invited for some of the training programs.
- Assisting students in career-planning, employment and providing information on higher studies.
- Makes available updated database and job profile of the companies and thus helps each student analyze and choose company of his interest.
- Inviting companies to the college campus for recruiting students for placement in their organizations. TPC offer the companies all the facilities for Conducting their presentation, tests and interviews.
- Receives and forwards the feedback pertinent to curriculum improvement from the visiting companies to the faculty, to ensure that the curriculum follows the latest industrial trends.
Each student will complete two summer internships to enhance their industrial skills for better opportunities after graduation. Such internship can be taken in various industries or institutions of higher learning where student learns beyond their classroom stuffs. Several internship can be taken abroad for interested students after their second or third year when possible. A higher GPA may be required for internships abroad. The P&T cell will assist students in such arrangements on regular basis. However, the students are also free to choose the place of their internship provided they get approval of the T&P cell. Sometimes, an intern may be paid a wage for his/her services during the training period. Otherwise, an intern has to bear cost of the expenses.
|In House Summer Internship
IT & TeleCom Center provides in home training to selected students after each semester in the area of information Technology. Project work based training is emphasizes.
|Enhancement of basic communication skill
Students will be observed in the classrooms for the need of their English skill improvement. If recommended by their teachers, T&P cell is going to hold verbal English training free of cost. Such training can be held after school hours or weekend as per the students’ convenience.
|Interview Skill Building Workshop
Based on the global job market needs the students will be groomed to sharpen their interview skills with modern techniques used by MNCs and large corporate houses in the US. Students will be prepared gradually to develop impactful resumes, which will align effectively with the needs of Indian Corporate houses as well MNCs.
Students will be regularly interacting with the BIT Management Team from reputed companies and Institutions visiting from USA and other locations in India. They will acquire the know-how and the skills required to be successful in interview during entry into the Industry as well as remain successful for long term in the Industry and grow up the ladder.